Friday 25 September 2015


Year 4 Homework

Date set: 25.9.15

Date Due in: 2.10.15

-      Reading every day. Please write in your reading diary when you have read.

 

-      Maths (20mins): Our topic this week was shape. We learnt about 2d and 3d shapes, angles and symmetry. Maths homework will be posted on the mathletics website. Please ask your teacher for a paper copy if you need one or if you have trouble logging on.

POETRY
 
 
-      Literacy (20mins):

 

Next week is Poetry Week so for your homework this week we would like you to find a poem and learn it by heart. Make sure you practice reading the poem aloud with lots of expression so that you can perform it to the class.  My favourite poem is ;

Smiling

Smiling is contagious
you catch it like the flu.
When someone smiled at me today,
I started smiling too.

I passed around a corner
and someone saw my grin
and when he smiled,
I realised I passed it on to him.

So if you feel a smile begin
don’t leave it undetected.
Let’s start an epidemic quick
and get everyone infected.


 

-      Spellings (20mins) should be practised for a short time each day, using the words given in sentences.

 

 

 

 

 

Group 1
Copy and cover
Write and check
Write again
sniffle
 
 
 
raffle
 
 
 
happy
 
 
 
stopped
 
 
 
topple
 
 
 
coffee
 
 
 
drippy
 
 
 
fluffy
 
 
 
pepper
 
 
 
apple
 
 
 
Group 2
Copy and cover
Write and check
Write again
different
 
 
 
difficult
 
 
 
difference
 
 
 
supplement
 
 
 
applied
 
 
 
appropriate
 
 
 
appreciate
 
 
 
scuffle
 
 
 
baffled
 
 
 
effortless
 
 
 
effect
 
 
 
supportive
 
 
 

 

11 comments:

  1. it's time to say goodbye and the school years at an end, I hope you have lots of fun and count me as a friend. I watched you learn and grow and change from day to day I hope all the things we done have helped along the way. Its with happy memories I send you out the door with blessings for good things that next year holds store. mukhtar

    ReplyDelete
  2. your a very special person and I want you to know how I loved to be your teacher how fast the year did go please come back to visit me as through the grades you go try hard to listen all you can there is so much know the one thing I tried to teach you to last your whole life through is to know that you are special just because you are you.Mukhtar

    ReplyDelete
  3. I emptied my bubble bath into the tub,
    Determined to get myself thoroughly scrubbed.
    The bottle had said "ONLY ONE CAP OR TWO",
    So I poured in the lot to see what it would do!

    That still didn't seem quite enough to get clean,
    So I followed it up with another fifteen.
    Then three bars of soap and a dozen shampoo,
    And two broken bath bombs to finish my brew!

    I'll cut to the chase, this did not turn out well,
    As the burbling, foaming bath bubbles did swell!
    It wasn't all bad, I was clean and smelt sweet,
    But outside my soap suds had buried the street!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Autumn is coming!

    The sun has faded away, its gone to summers new

    Its started to get chilli, the forecast is blue

    The winds come to life, chasing the litter away

    The trees tremble with fear at the thought of loosing their leaves so dear

    AUTUMN IS HERE!
    AUTUMN IS HERE!

    by Firyaal Rana the first!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The troll is holding a huge wooden club.Hermione looks scared.The troll has granite,grey,skin & has a small head perched on top like a coconut. Hermione is wearing a black dress which covers her whole body. The troll is 27 metres tall and has short arms. Its very rainy outside because of the window.By Jack.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Christmas is coming !!!!!

    "I am a little reindeer, ready to fly
    I pull Santa's sleigh, up in the sky
    Christmas is here, we can't be late
    All the children just cannot wait."

    Shani
    Refrence: https://www.pinterest.com/explore/christmas-poems/

    ReplyDelete
  7. My baby brother’s fat as fat
    As any boy can be
    And he is just the sweetest duck
    That ever you did see
    I count the dimples in his hands
    A dozen times a-day
    And often wonder when he coos
    What he would like to say
    I comb the down upon his head
    He hasn’t any hair,
    It must be cold without and yet
    He never seems to care
    It is so nice to see him kick
    He has such pretty feet
    I think if we might eat him up
    It would be quit a treat

    ReplyDelete
  8. Bunnies are bouncey and cute just like a big baloon,
    when I just saw a rabbit today I said hiphop harraah!
    then the rabbit stared at me soft and cute maby I can teach him how to scoot
    he came to me has this really happened did my dreams come true?

    I went through a bush and then I saw a whole happy family of rabbits,
    then I did know my dream came true so can i cast a spell on you.
    Just then not just one rabbit came to me but all of them came to me,
    just by saying one, two, three. is there something wrong with me?

    So if you see a herd of rabbits remmeber to read a story so
    you can peasefully go to sleep with me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. the things I would give to
    fall asleep on your arms once more
    the things I would do to feel
    your warm embarrass wrapped
    around me with the rain pouring outside. mukhtar

    ReplyDelete
  10. raahavy new waterloo class10 October 2015 at 12:51

    its winter

    its very chilli,evrythings gone all blue
    when we go to bed,we catch a flu

    ReplyDelete
  11. Look at all the pumkin faces
    Lightning up so many places

    On the porch or in the yard
    Pumkin faces standing guard

    Looking friendly looking mean
    With a smile or with a scream

    Orange faces burning bright
    in the cool October night





    By
    Mareesha

    ReplyDelete